The company IXION Langeloh Feinmechanik GmbH was founded in 1946 under the name “Hinrich Langeloh & Sohn”. For many years, the founder and his children managed the company as a family business. The head office was in Wedel in the Pinneberger street.
In 1992, the company was sold to two former employees and continued under the name “Langeloh Feinmechanik GmbH”.
2005 saw the opportunity to use the successful production of fine mechanical parts in the laser industry. This was followed by years of growth and investment in many new CNC machining centers. In this context, Langeloh Feinmechanik GmbH expanded its capacity in an additional production hall and founded what was then known as “Werk 2”. The first cleanroom for cleaning and picking the laser components was also built there. Langeloh Feinmechanik GmbH has developed this complex cleaning process of components in close cooperation with its customers. Today, it represents an essential USP of the company.
After further growth, both locations were finally merged in 2013 at the present location in Wedel at Kronskamp 138.
The company was sold to new owners in September 2017 in the form of a so-called asset deal. Today it is operated with a new management under the name IXION Langeloh Feinmechanik GmbH and employs 80 people with a growing tendency.